Thursday, March 30, 2006

Have you started working on your taxes???

In case you haven't noticed, April 15 is right around the corner. My blog entries for this month are few and far between because I did not keep my books up-to-date last year like I should have. I am committing to not letting this happen again. The past couple years, I have spent hours at tax time getting everything ready. This year, I was going to have my accountant do my taxes but at the rate I'm going, I may end up doing them because it's taking so long to get everything together. I use financial software but I'm having to break down a year's worth of payments and as much as I pay Amex per month, let me tell you, it's not fun!

Tip for you: I downloaded my transactions from the amex website in csv format then I updated the account and sub-account and created a pivot table that does all the calculations for me. Saved a lot of time but I'm still not going to procrastinate doing the breakdowns this year. I am not paying the bill until I have broken it down by category and subcategory! Besides, what good is breaking it down to the level I do it if I'm not reviewing where the money is going on a more frequent basis!

Taxfully yours,
Glennette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home