Monday, February 20, 2006

The Importance of ICE

Did you see this article in Woman's Day? The article recommends that emergency contact information be included in paper address books and cell phone address books.

In the event of an emergency, an EMS (Emergency Medical Service) person could have an emergency contact phone number at their disposal immediately. Remember, you may not be able to speak so let your address book speak for you.

Here's how I added mine. I put ICE as the Last Name in case the EMT knows to press I to get to contacts beginning with I. I put "In case of emergency" as the first name. Then I put the work, home and mobile # for my emergency contact person.

If you want to list more than one, add another contact with ICE 2 or ICE Second choice as the last name.

Please help pass this on. It could end up helping you one day. Also, if you come across a wreck, you could be the one looking for this information!

Glennette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home